The Malta Gaming Authority has decided to cancel the authorisation awarded to EGMIT Elite Limited (MGA/B2C/839/2020), hereinafter the “Authorised Person”, effective as of 31 July 2023, in terms of regulation 10 (1) (a) of the Gaming Compliance and Enforcement Regulations (S.L. 583.06), hereinafter the “Regulations”.
This sanction is being imposed upon the Authorised Person for having breached regulation 9 (1) (b), (c), (d), (i), (l), (m) of the Regulations, as per the reasons manifested hereunder: –
- the Authorised Person has failed to comply with an order issued by the Authority;
- the Authorised Person has failed to comply with one or more applicable obligations in terms of any regulatory instrument or any other applicable law of Malta;
- the Authorised Person has failed to discharge financial commitments for its operations;
- the Authorised Person has failed to meet commitments to players in a timely manner;
- the Authorised Person has failed to pay in a timely manner all amounts due to the Authority;
- the Authority, in its sole discretion, has determined that there is material and sufficient reason for suspending the authorisation; and
- one of the grounds for suspension envisaged in regulation 9 arises and the Authority, in its sole discretion, determines that cancellation of the authorisation is the most appropriate measure.
The Authorised Person is thus no longer authorised to carry out any gaming operations and shall remove, with immediate effect, any reference to the Authority and the authorisation. This decision is being published in terms of the provisos to regulation 12 of the Regulations, and may be subject to an appeal in terms of article 43 of the Gaming Act (Chapter 583 of the Laws of Malta).
In conjunction with the above cancellation, the Authority has proceeded to file a police report and has also initiated liquidation proceedings.
Players who have availed themselves of EGMIT Elite Limited’s services through the now defunct website http://www.elite24bet.com, and who have any related queries, are invited to contact the Authority here.